American Eagle Airlines is launching nonstop service to six new cities from the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport, bucking a trend as the airline industry has contracted nationwide. American Eagle Airlines Inc. said Monday it will launch service to five new cities on June 11, with another destination added on Aug. 25.
The new cities are –
- Santa Fe, New Mexico – 1 flight daily
- Tallahassee, Florida – 1 flight daily
- Montgomery, Alabama – 2 flights daily
- Brownsville, Texas – 3 flights daily
- Lake Charles, Louisiana – 2 flights daily
- Manhattan, Kansas – at least 1 flight daily.
“Connecting Dallas/Fort Worth to small and medium-sized cities is one of Eagle’s key missions,” said Peter Bowler, Eagle’s Chief Executive Officer.
The new Eagle flights will also bring more passengers into American’s hub at D/FW, making it easier for the airline to fill flights to large cities like New York and Los Angeles, as well as international destinations.